Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello my dear choir(:

So, I just got back from the farewell literally minutes ago. Like, my eyes are still all red and puffy and swollen. The whole thing was incredible really, even considering the frenzy we were in while we prepared. And even though I wish I could've stayed for the entire thing, it was still an incredible night. I think I cried more than I did when I was watching Marley&Me and Up and Bridge to Terabithia and Spiderman2 combined. Can't believe it.

But yeah, I just wanted to tell you guys how amazing tonight was. I don't even know how to describe how much I'm going to miss all you sec 4s. You're all wonderful and perfect in your own ways and the choir will never be the same without you, ever. The choir would be nothing without your caring hearts, strong vision and unrelenting determination and I believe that I speak on behalf of the whole choir when I say that we love you so much.

There's this quote that I really like:

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief and unspeakable love."
- Washington Irving


I think it speaks for itself. So, seeing how many tears were shed tonight, anyone will be able to tell how much all of you seniors really mean to us. You've touched our lives, even if it's just in small ways.

As part of the new comm, I can only hope what small impact I have on the choir will be just as wonderful as the tremendous ones you have left on us. And I'll say it again, we love you so much:D

To the rest of the choir, I'm sure the sec4s mean a lot to all of you and they've truly done so so much for us. So, now it's up to us to continue the legacy they've left behind and bring the choir to even greater and greater heights. I know all of you want to make them proud and not let them down. It's the least we owe to them isn't it? (:

I'm not usually a person of many words so, I shall end of with another quote. From High School Musical 3, haha however cheesy it may be. But it just popped into my head and I think it's pretty appropriate so. "It was a night to last forever, and we'll never ever never ever never ever never ever forget"

Much much much loove,
yannting♥